- In 1996, as a founding member, spokesperson and President of Fiji Women's Society Inc. Charitable Organization providing moral, social, and financial support to all deserving Fijians requiring medical treatment in New Zealand. As a liaison officer of Fiji Women's support group I provide moral, social and counseling support to those families affected by domestic violence.
- 1997 - Recipient of Bharat Darshan award on the Golden Jubilee Celebration of India's Independence for promoting Indian Heritage and culture to the Indian community through media. (Presented by the Indian High Commissioner in Wellington, NZ)
- 2002- Pioneered Indian Cooking Show, host of "Swaad the Flavor" on ITV Nayan, Triangle TV, Auckland, New Zealand and Patron of Naari Sabha (Women’s Group)
- 2003- Committee member and fund raising coordinator for "Movement for Justice and Freedom" in Fiji, Auckland branch.
- Committee member for Access Community Radio, Planet FM 104.6 to date.
- 2005-Producer of a cooking interactive DVD with accompanying cook book, a locally produced, global project.
- Presenter of "Butter chicken and Beyond" on Dreamz Productions on Triangle Television, Auckland New Zealand.
- Appointed Justice of the Peace and Civil Marriage/Civil Union Celebrant.
- Awarded access Community Radio MICIE award for best production/quality contents for two programs.
- Editor of second edition of "Delights of Indian Cooking" cookbook (for charity) Host for "Face To Face" TV program on Triangle TV.
- Appointed nominated person for Juvenile by the Justice of the Peace Association.
- 2006 - Awarded Mt Roskill Good Citizen's award by Mt Roskill Community Board for outstanding Services to Mt Roskill community.
- Micies Achievers Award-Planet FM 104.6
- 2007 – Charity project -Producer of devotional CD’s . Sales of which will help deserving children of Fiji with their education.
- 2008 – Appointed Asian smoke free coordinator- Proud of who we are and what we do (February 2008) for Harbour Health for Asian smoke free communities for the Indian community in the west and north of Auckland. Providing culturally appropriate and language specific services to the Indian community.
- 2008- Awarded- Queens Service Medal on 2nd June 2008 –for services to the Indian community.
2009- Awarded New Zealander of the Year 2010 Local Hero Award- Kiwi Bank initiative on 7th April 2010
I am proud to say that I have been providing all the above services on a daily basis in a voluntary and not for profit capacity.
I am a skilled, professional interpreter/Translator in English/Hindi speaking languages and my specialty is Health and legal, work that I enjoy most giving me total satisfaction.
Nothing can be achieved in life without total dedication, honesty, trust, sincerity, integrity faith and devotion. The secret of my success have been a combination of all above. I am an ardent follower of the Avtaar Sri Sathya Sai Baba swinging merrily on the flower deckced swing of faith loaded with happy comradeship, health and wholesomeness, dedicating the differences as they come my way to the lotus feet of my lord and accepting them quietly as part of his plan. Blessings showered by my Guru and my parents make me who I am today. I am lucky that I am blessed and chosen to touch the hearts of many in so many ways. May his blessings remain with me forever and ever enabling me to carry on with the service to mankind.
Indian cuisine goes back thousands of years and is noticeably delectable and distinctive. Each region of India has its own significance and its foods are widely varied in flavor, tradition and spice. Today many Indian dishes have become international favorites.
This website is created complimenting New Zealand's first locally produced interactive cookery DVD on Indian cuisine.
I have made this specially for lovers of Indian foods and included a fine collection of mouth watering and exotic Indian dishes. These tried and tested recipes have been closely guarded and handed down to me through generations. The dishes included, originate from the northern, southern, eastern and western regions of India.
This website will lure you aspiring cooks into your kitchens where a journey towards a memorable meal will begin. You can now enjoy the exotic flavours of Indian cuisine right in your very home.
Thank you Mum for bringing about in me a passion for cooking.
Nand picked by Act to contest Mt Roskill
Tuesday, August 30, 2011- Indian Weekender
Well known community leader Pratima Nand.
Auckland Indian community leader has been selected by the Act Party to contest the Mt Roskill electorate in the general election later this year.
Fiji-born Pratima Nand, QSM, JP, was 15th on the Act list when Party leader Don Brash announced the list at the weekend.
And the selection has been welcomed by the community.
Fiji Club president Alton Shameem said: "The Fijian community are delighted and honoured that Ms Pratima Nand QSM, JP is the first Fijian-Indian woman, the highest ranking Asian and Pacific Islander being selected as an ACT Party electorate candidate for Mt Roskill, Auckland as well as a list candidate at number 16 in the 2011 general election to be held on Saturday, November 26."
NZ's Indian Cooking Queen
Producer of NZ's first locally produced interactive DVD on authentic Indian cooking.
There should be some indication on the home page about the sale of the books, Delights of Indian Cooking and Pratima's Royal Recipes and DVD. Again I do not know how you would direct my site users to the page where they would be able to send me an email to buy the books and DVD's.I am happy for them to credit my account via visa etc before I post the books out to them. Please display the price of NZ$10 for books and DVD's. I believe that you may have to again create a page that will take the users to this page . I am attaching the cover photo of the Delights of Indian Cooking, Pratima's Royal recipes and the DVD cover to be used on that page.
Ms Nand is the committee member of the following organisations among numerous others:
- Fiji Club of New Zealand (FCNZ)
- Fiji Council New Zealand (FCoNZ)
- All Ethnic Congress (AEC)
- Social Entrepreneurs Council (SEC)
- Economic Council New Zealand (ECNZ)
- Leadership Council New Zealand (LCNZ)
- Young Executive Club (YEC)
Business Council New Zealand (BCNZ)
Ms Nand is also engaged in the following activities:
NZ's Indian Cooking Queen [http://www.royalrecipes.co.nz];
Producer &Presenter - Jhankaar [http://www.planetaudio.org.nz/jhankar];
- Interpreter / Translator - Hindi/Fiji Hindi
- Smoke Free Co-ordinator
"Proud of who we are and what we do. To provide support, encouragement and empowerment to help families in communities overcome challenges, leading to healthier lives."